Friday, January 22, 2010

Spider-Man Cover



This is my Spider-Man comic book cover for the upcoming," Covered ", art show at Secret Headquarters , and curated by the great Rob Goodin. We are re-doing classic comic book covers, and making them our own. Im re-doing the first appearance of Venom, originally illustrated by Todd McFarlane. I just sealed this to the board and have begun my oil glazes. This was a fun piece to work on during my hiatus. And once I put the crazy texture and color in it, it's going to be awesome! I'll post the color version soon

4 comments:

Jeff Hua said...

Great sketch, Pat. This image brings back many childhood memories at the comic book shop. You've finally did Venom justice with the correct muscle form.

great job!

Unknown said...

Awesome. I can't wait to see the final piece. Do I get first dibs?

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patrick Kochakji said...

Thnx guys.